TC Architects - Portfolio
AKRON CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL 7TH FLOOR RENOVATION
Construction was completed in April 2016 on the renovation of the main tower, 7th floor at ACH.
Designed by TC Architects, the project includes the same patient room zone upgrades described in the 6th floor renovation narrative. Both the 6th and the 7th floor renovations feature the following non-patient room features:
- Added color to the existing corridors, used oversized versions of the same graphics and tones found in the patient room cubical curtains
- WOW nooks, with fold down benches, have been provided in each patient room “spoke”, allowing staff to be closer to their patients
- Recessed, wall mounted PPE Stations featuring graphs that double as artwork in the corridors have been strategically located close to every patient room
- The re-designed nurses stations, with solid surface countertops promote collaboration and better work flow
- Other upgrades include: new ceilings with LED lighting, expanded medication rooms, and centralization of the family snack areas providing free coffee 24 / 7.